CVAN Presents … MGETR Webinar with Sue Ball – 30th June 2 – 3pm
This webinar will offer you an overview of the Museums & Galleries Exhibition Tax Relief Scheme, outline guidance on the application process and issues that you might need to address dependent on the constitution and resources of your organisation. You will also hear case studies of arts and heritage organisations that have adopted MGETR and the tangible benefits accrued.
This UK Government Scheme represents significant investment in the sector through providing tax credits against expenditure on the production of new in-house or touring exhibitions. The potential of MGETR is huge for the visual arts and heritage sector. The importance of developing an income stream, returned as unrestricted funding, cannot be underestimated and could now be considered as part of the sector’s resilience strategy.
The MGETR action research pilot programme has been initiated by YVAN and is running in partnership with HMRC. It is helping to incentivise adoption by organisations at a range of scale and type, and has a particular focus on the small-medium scale sector across the Greater North.
The webinar will:
- Present the Scheme and learning from the pilot
- Identify issues for different types of organisations
- Clarify guidelines related to company and activity eligibility
- Hear one organisation’s story of MGETR and impacts, with other feedback from the pilot
- Build sector support for making the case to Government for the continuation and amendment of MGETR.
Stephanie Martinez, Policy and Technical Adviser, Creative Industry Tax Reliefs, HMRC
Isabelle Tracy, YVAN Programme Manager MGETR
Sue Ball, YVAN Exec Chair
Rebecca Huggan, Director, New Bridge Project.
Further information is here: