Micro Grants for Artists
13 grants of £250 are available for artists and makers who wish to develop their practice.
7 of the grants are specifically for disabled artists and makers or artists working with the theme of disability.
DEADLINE: 15th APRIL
Successful artists will have the opportunity to be part of a peer-led support group.
There is no restriction on what the YVAN micro grants can cover or part cover the cost of. Here are some ideas on what you could apply to get money for:
- Project or exhibition costs eg installation, interpretation, prints for a solo exhibition
- Materials, equipment or software
- Skills training
- Research and development costs:
– travel costs visiting other artist’s projects or exhibitions and vice versa, travel to events, meetings or making new contacts
– Ticket costs to attend events, seminars and conferences
- Marketing costs, eg promotional materials: business cards, postcards, posters, leaflets, tote bags, tshirts
- Stand costs at an art fair
- Mentoring, coaching or 1:1 advice
- Community consultation costs – time, materials, room hire
- Printing costs: zines, publications, graphic design
- Professional / legal costs to copyright your work or get advice or design for a prototype
Get in touch to ask about what costs the micro grant can pay for.
There is no application form – just send us the answers to the questions below:
Each applicant needs to tell us via video or telephone call or in writing:
- Your name, postcode and contact email address
- A short description of your practice / what you do as an artist
- Examples of your work: either up to 5 images or links to your website / social media pages.
- How this funding would help you as an artist
If you want to apply via video, you can record the video and send us the link or we can arrange a Skype call or Google Hangout. Please keep videos under 4 minutes long.
We can arrange a phone call and ask you the questions. We will write down the answers for you, put forward your application and send you a copy.
You can send us the answers to the 4 questions above via email – either in the body of the email or in a Word document.
The deadline for all submissions is midnight on 15th April.
If you require this information in a different format or need to apply in a different way to accommodate your access needs, please contact France-Leigh on 07813 450451 to discuss how we may assist you.
Applications and queries can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application is open to artists and makers living or working anywhere in the Yorkshire and Humber region. Students in full time education are ineligible.
This opportunity is funded by Arts Council England and is a partnership between The Art House in Wakefield and YVAN. YVAN also engaged with the Disability Arts Network in the development of this proposal.
- Category Grants
- Posted February 27, 2019