Great Place: Lakes and Dales (GPLD) have up to £5,000 each for artists, makers, designers and arts and heritage professionals under 35 years old to support talent development, business development, innovation and cultural exchange.
There are no set restrictions on what type of activity can be applied for, however, GPLD would like to encourage:
- exchange trips nationally and internationally – experience different creative practice and work models and bring them here in exchange
- experimentation using new materials, equipment or software
- skills training
- research and development costs – travel costs visiting other artist’s projects, communities or businesses using new models of working
- ticket costs to attend seminars and conferences
- mentoring, coaching or 1:1 advice – employing experts to mentor and train you and / or others
- community consultation costs – time, materials, room hire
- professional / legal costs to get advice or design for a prototype
- learning and training around co-design and cultural democracy
- testing and trying out new ways to practise, rehearse and collaborate
The Branching Out Fund for practitioners and professionals is up to £5,000.
GPLD also have the Acorn Fund – up to £10,000 each for arts and heritage organisations to diversify the creative offer in your area to appeal more and involve younger audiences and practitioners.
The deadline for both funds is 29th March.