The Contemporary Visual Arts Network’s ultimate goal is to nurture contemporary visual artists and organisations in order to produce internationally regarded, critically engaged work that is valued by our society.
Our Mission is to strengthen and develop the contemporary visual arts sector in England, using the Network as a platform for collegiate working locally and nationally.
Our Vision is of a strong, sustainable and supportive contemporary visual arts network, working collectively to safeguard the future of artists and our sector as a whole.
- We are sector led and mutually supportive.
- We celebrate the distinctiveness and different contexts of the regions.
- We embrace a broad range of artistic and curatorial practice.
- We recognise and draw upon the expertise of regional groups to collectively build knowledge for the sector to share.
- We are committed to collaborating and advocating for each other in order to benefit contemporary visual arts as a whole.
The Contemporary Visual Arts Network represents and supports a diverse and vibrant visual arts ecology, embracing a broad range of artistic and curatorial practice across the nine English regions.